13 May 2011

Friday Report


I managed to get out of the shop to test the Crow ... Well it is fairly high and brown and about 1 foot visability .. After more than a week of speyfishing , flinging a fly on a #5 weight is at first an odd experience ... as if you have nothing of any weight in your hand ... I had to check to see if I had accidently taken a #2 weight from the truck .. Any how , despite the muddy water trucking along , I did catch two rainbows in the first hour of the two hours I fished .. In the second spot I actually saw 4 rises and a 3 small mayflys looking like a small slate wing or possibly a blue wing olive . Well the nymphs came off immediately and a emerger was tied on and that was a mistake , and I was not to see a bug or rise again .... I have fished worse looking water , but the river will most surely rise some more ( also had a couple of adult Skwalla stones crawl on me ) .. Crowsnest lake is pretty much clear of ice with some ice sheets floating around (midges were about ) .. Summit lake has maybe 5 feet of open water around it and nobody has seen any winter killed trout, which seems to be the big worry . Young Kale reports seeing a mother Grizz and three cubs at the outflow end , Be Alert ... Lee lake is fishing good this week ... I would think Beauvis Lake is worth a look .. the Oldman is dirty and rockin ... Pike season is On .. Will be in the Kooteny,s tommorow having some fun scoutting out some Lake fishing ... Suzy will be in the shop at 8:00 , it is best not too bug her until 8:15 .. Gotta go Al B.

No comments: